Moncton, N.B. – June 29, 2021 – UFCW Canada Local 1288P members working at Atlantic Superstore in New Brunswick have achieved a new collective agreement with several gains that will help members and their families build a better life.
The five-year agreement covers UFCW 1288P members working at Atlantic Superstore locations in Atholville, Bathurst, Kennebecasis Valley (KV), and Millidgeville, New Brunswick. Some of the gains and improvements in the new contract include:
- A new “minimum wage plus scale” for all part-time employees who are not currently at the end wage rate.
- Wage increases of 75 cents per hour, three weeks following ratification, for all full-time and part-time employees at the end rate.
- An agreement to create six new full-time positions within 30 days of ratification, two in Bathurst and four in Atholville.
- Domestic violence leave, intimate partner violence leave, sexual violence leave, and compassionate care leave have been added to the contract.
- Expanded eligibility for the night shift premium of $1.25 per hour.
- New language that provides $75.00 per year to employees required to wear safety footwear.
- A new cross training program that will allow part-time employees the opportunity to train in multiple departments to maximize their hours.
- And much more.
The Union Negotiating Committee consisted of the following members: Miriam Kennedy, Allen LaPointe, Irène Christie, David Darling, and UFCW Canada National Representative Craig Walsh.
You can find the full story on the new contract here.
UFCW 1288P is a longstanding member of the UFCW Canada Eastern Provinces Council, which proudly serves thousands of union members working in various sectors across Atlantic Canada. To learn about the UFCW EPC and its outstanding work, visit the council’s website.
How can I enjoy the benefits of a UFCW contract?
Are you a non-unionized worker who would like to enjoy the benefits of a UFCW Canada collective agreement? Do you and your co-workers want to gain the union advantage at work? Join Canada’s best union, UFCW Canada, and make your workplace better today. Click here to join now.