16 days of activism against gender-based violence
|Download a #NotOkay sign here.|
|Click to download #NoMore materials|
|See the results of our survey.|
|Download the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women poster here.|
Toronto – November 16, 2018 – UFCW Canada is calling on all activists to take action from November 25 to December 10 to help eliminate gender-based violence. From November 25 – the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women to December 10 – International Human Rights Day, your tweets, Facebook posts, and participation on social media can help spread the word that gender-based violence is #NotOkay – ever!
Here’s how you can participate:
November 25 - International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
- Download and print a #NotOkay sign. Take a selfie with the sign and post it to Twitter, for a Twitter storm at 12 noon EST on November 25 - The International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women.
- Include @UFCWCanada and the campaign hashtag #NotOkay in your tweets. On Facebook, don’t forget to tag @UFCWCanada in your posts.
November 25 – December 10 – #NoMore Gender Violence Campaign
The goal of the #NoMore campaign is to create awareness about gender-based violence in the workplace by calling out its different forms, such as harassment, sexual harassment, and assault. Be an ally.
- Share your picture holding a #NoMore card that declares your support to end gender violence. Post with the hashtag #NoMore on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Share these #NoMore memes and postcards with your friends, allies and social networks.
- Share the results of a recent UFCW Canada anonymous survey on gender-based violence and sexual harassment.
December 6 – National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
Share these posters, memes and action cards with your friends and social networks:
- December 6, 2018 - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- End Violence Against Women Action Card
Participate in a commemorative December 6 vigil or Shoe Memorial in your community.
Your activism throughout the 16 days – and all year long – can help eliminate gender-based violence. For more information about the work of UFCW Canada’s Women and Gender Equity Committee, check out www.ufcw.ca/women.