Sudbury, Ont. – November 2, 2018 – UFCW Local 175 members and retail food workers at the Real Canadian Superstore (RCSS) in Sudbury, Ontario recently ratified a new union contract.
The new contract covering more than 200 members includes a number of important gains, including:
• A new two-week scheduling arrangement that guarantees more hours for senior part-time employees.
• Full-time members at the end rate receive an increase of 25 cents per hour effective ratification, plus a $1,000 lump sum, followed by another $500 lump sum, and a total of 75 cents per hour over the term of the deal
• Part-time employees will see an increase of 80 cents per to the end rate as of ratification, plus a $500 lump sum
• RRSP contributions for full-time workers increase to 60 cents per hour in year two, and the contribution rate increases again by 10 cents per hour in year four, to reach 70 cents per hour.
• 100 percent of benefit premiums will be paid by the employer, and members also gain a $100 per year boot allowance as part of the new contract.