Regina and Saskatoon, Sask. – July 4, 2018 – UFCW Canada Local 1400 members working for Impact Security Group in Regina and Saskatoon, Saskatchewan have recently achieved a new three-year collective agreement that includes wage increases, language improvements and more.
Impact Security Group is one of the largest security providers in Western Canada.
Contract highlights include:
- Wage improvements totalling 7.5%, with 2.5% increases in years one, two, and three;
- $100 signing bonus for members working more than 30 hours per week, $50 for members working less than 30 hours per week;
- Addition of a new RRSP provision where the employer will now match RRSP contributions up to 2.5%;
- Addition of new compassionate care leave with provisions for leave to resolve issues that occur due to domestic disputes;
- Improved layoff and recall language;
- Work schedules are now posted on the When2Work program; and;
- Paystubs can now either be mailed, delivered to site or displayed on the PayWorks program.
UFCW Canada Local 1400 represents over 6,000 workers in Saskatchewan in a variety of industries, including retail food and food processing, agriculture, health care, security, and hospitality, and many other sectors. To learn more about UFCW 1400, visit their website.