Mascouche, Que. – December 9, 2017 — UFCW Canada Local 500 members working at the Metro Plus store in Mascouche, Quebec have ratified a new six-year collective agreement.
The new contract provides wage increases every six months and the top rates for all classifications – excluding assistant cashiers – will rise considerably over the term of the agreement.
The wage scales have also been reconfigured to take minimum wage increases into account. Depending on the job category, wages will always be between $0.15 and $2.50 higher than the provincial minimum wage.
The contract also provides the following benefits:
• The addition of a training bonus;
• Improved bereavement leave;
• Improved access to group insurance for part-time workers;
• Improved personal leave for part-time workers; and
• The employer will continue to cover 80 percent of eligible dental costs under the UFCW Quebec Dental Care Plan.
“We are happy and proud that this new collective agreement has been approved by the members,” says Antonio Filato, the President of UFCW Canada Local 500. “The bargaining committee has done an excellent job, and has successfully represented the interests of workers at Metro Plus Messier Mascouche,” he adds.