Members at IGA Extra-Marché Lambert achieve new contract – UFCW 500
Delson, Que. – June 30, 2015 – Members at the IGA Extra-Marché Lambert in Delson, Quebec have ratified a new collective agreement. The more than 130 UFCW Canada Local 500 members who work at the grocery store have maintained their good working conditions while making a number of gains including:
- The introduction of a Christmas bonus;
- The reduction of the waiting period to obtain an additional vacation week;
- The introduction of a reduced work week, which will have 32 hours instead of 40 for eligible employees who have made a request to this effect;
- An increase in wages for every year during which the new union contract will be valid;
- A change in the number of sick leave days from 40 to a maximum of 52 based on a principle of increasing increments; and
- The posting of all positions, namely those for part-time employees as well as those for full-time employees.
“Congratulations to all of those who participated in the bargaining for this new collective agreement. This new contract ensures that a good balance will be kept between maintaining what members already had, and improving the current working conditions,” says UFCW Local 500 President Antonio Filato.