Women’s Advisory Committee
To provide women members with tools to help them become engaged in their workplace, union, and in their own communities, the UFCW Canada National Council Women’s Advisory Committee advises the Council on issues of primary concern to the women membership.
The mission of the Women’s Advisory Committee is:
- to help find solutions to some of the challenges facing working women and their families;
- to focus on UFCW Canada women organizing other working women, and to encourage their involvement in growing the membership;
- to provide the UFCW Canada National Council with strategies and tools to empower women at all levels; and to develop training, mentorship and education to promote greater participation of women in the decision making bodies of our union;
- to work closely with the other National Council committees regarding women’s issues; and
- to suggest collective agreement language that contributes to the advancement of the current issues of women.
The Women’s Advisory Committee also participates with the UFCW International Women’s Network, the Canadian Labour Congress Women’s Committee, and with other provincial labour bodies.
Engaged and empowered, UFCW Canada women have a vital role in shaping the future of their union, their communities and their country.
UFCW Canada National Council Women’s Advisory Committee
|Nancy Quiring||UFCW Canada (Chair)|
|Debora De Angelis||UFCW Canada|
|Emmanuelle Lopez||UFCW Canada|
|Louise Lefebvre||Local 500|
|Bev Dobson||Local 864|
|Angela Mattioli||Local 175/633|
|Judy Hrycuik||Local 1400|
|Pam Butt||Local 1252|
|Isabelle Roy||Local 501|
|Tima Burgess||Local 247|
|Shari Jensen||Local 1518|
|April Albrecht||Local 401|
|Glacier Effs-Samuel||Local 1006A|
|Marie Buchan||Local 832|