Belleville, Ont. – June 12, 2023 – UFCW 175 & 633 members working at Redpath Sugar recently secured a new five-year collective agreement that eliminates two-tier wages while improving vacation scheduling, overtime language and more.
Members hired prior to November 2010 will see wages increases at $0.82 in year one (retroactive to December 2022), $0.65 in year two, $0.55 in year three, $0.56 in year four and $0.84 in year five.
Members hired after November 2010 will receive increases at $1.51 in year one (retroactive to December 2022), $0.87 in year two, $0.79 in year three, $0.83 in year four and $1.12 in year five. These increases will effectively eliminate the lower wage tier by the end of year four bringing 80 percent of the membership up to higher wage tier ensuring it does not disappear prior to the remaining 20 percent vacating the grid.
Members will also see an increase to their meal allowance, stronger seniority provisions for training, postings, layoff/recall, in addition to improved vacation scheduling, and mandatory overtime language.
To read more about the collective bargaining victory at Redpath Sugar, click here.
UFCW Canada Locals 175 & 633 represent more than 70,000 hard-working Ontarians in almost every sector of the economy. To learn more about the amazing work of UFCW 175 & 633, visit the Local Union's website.
How can I gain the benefits of a UFCW contract?
Are you a non-unionized worker who would like to enjoy the benefits of a UFCW Canada collective agreement? Do you and your co-workers want to gain the union advantage at work? Join Canada’s best union, UFCW Canada, and make your workplace better today. Click here to join now.