Quebec City – May 28, 2015 – UFCW Canada Local 503 members working at Westburne Rexel have ratified a new five-year collective agreement.
As part of the new contract, members will see numerous improvements to their working conditions, including:
• An additional floating holiday for all employees who have at least one year in seniority;
• Increases in safety boot allowances;
• Improvements to vacation language, in which workers will now obtain four weeks of vacation after nine years instead of ten. Workers who are entitled to four weeks of vacation will now be able to take three weeks during the summer months;
• Wage improvements of 2 percent in 2015, 2.5 percent in 2016, and 2.75 percent in 2017, 2018 and 2019, as well as a $700.00 signing bonus.
• The introduction of a shorter work week for employees aged 55 and over who have over ten years of seniority and who have requested to work less hours.
"I am very happy with this new agreement, as it will improve both the working conditions and quality of life of members going forward," says UFCW Canada Local 503 President Louise Lefebvre. "This contract demonstrates our commitment to creating better workplaces for members, and we are quite satisfied with the outcome of these negotiations," Sister Lefebvre adds.