Toronto, Ont. – February 12, 2013 – Canada’s leading union is calling on members, friends and supporters to join activists around the world for ONE BILLION RISING, the largest day of action in the history of V-Day, the global activist movement to end violence against women and girls.
ONE BILLION RISING began as a call to action based on the staggering statistic that 1 in 3 women on the planet will be beaten or raped during her lifetime. With the world population at 7 billion, this adds up to more than ONE BILLION WOMEN AND GIRLS. On February 14, 2013, V-Day’s 15th anniversary, join activists, writers, thinkers, celebrities like Charlize Theron, and women and men around the world in expressing outrage, calling for change, and demanding an end to violence against women.
5 Quick Things You Can Do
- Invite all of your friends to join the One Billion Rising campaign
- Twitter, Facebook & Tumblr: Share information across all social media platforms about V-day news stories, quotes and videos
- Tweet and retweet using the hashtags #1billionrising, #reasontorise, and @vday
- Change your profile picture to the OBR logo
- Add a “twibbon” to your Twitter or Facebook profile picture
To find out more about ONE BILLION RISING, go to http://onebillionrising.org/