Windsor, Ont. – November 19, 2019 – UFCW Local 1006A members working at Comfort Inn Windsor have achieved a new union contract that provides wage increases, bonuses, and improved contract language.
Bargaining was led by UFCW 1006A Union Representative Greg Penner with support from members Joyce Waito and Jo-Ann Rutt.
The three-year contract runs until October 2022 and includes the following gains:
- Those in the progression scale receive wage increases every six months until they reach their end rate of pay at 24 months;
- All employees receive between a $0.25 per hour and $0.50 per hour wage increase within one month of ratification;
- The new wage grid enables members to maintain a gap above minimum wage;
- Addition of minimum wage differential language to protect our members who have achieved end rate of pay;
- A locked-in premium in lieu of pension payments of $0.38 for all hours worked or paid, and annual bonuses for all employees;
- Improved servicing language and union visitation rights;
- Improvements to the grievance and arbitration procedures; and
- Important language regarding return to work meetings to ensure that members are not forced to deal with WSIB or employer representatives alone, as well as new language requiring health and safety training to be provided by union-approved facilitators.
“I am proud to congratulate our bargaining committee for their dedication and hard work in achieving a fair union contract for workers at Comfort Inn Windsor,” says UFCW 1006A President Wayne Hanley.
Members at Comfort Inn Windsor work as breakfast attendants, housekeepers, in the laundry room, and at the front desk. To read more about the new union contract at Comfort Inn Windsor, click here.
How can I gain the benefits of a UFCW contract?
Are you a non-unionized worker who would like to enjoy the benefits of a UFCW Canada collective agreement? Do you and your co-workers want to gain the union advantage at work? Join Canada’s best union, UFCW Canada, and make your workplace better today. Click here to join now.