Saint-Jérôme (Que.) – February 21, 2019 – UFCW Canada Local 1991P members at Riobel have achieved their first union contract, winning important gains such as wage increases, new benefits, and improvements to working conditions.
The 90 manufacturing members work as clerks, forklift truck operators, assemblers, maintenance workers, and machinists at Riobel’s Saint-Jérôme plant, which produces faucets and shower systems.
Under the new three-year collective agreement, members will enjoy the following gains:
- Implementation of a new wage scale that provides wage increases of 2 to 17 percent, depending on job classification;
- Introduction of the UFCW Dental Plan, funded entirely by the employer and providing members with 80 percent reimbursement for dental care;
- Better group insurance coverage;
- More vacation time and paid holidays;
- Longer bereavement leave; and
- A new provision for agency employees.
"UFCW Local 1991P is very proud of this first collective agreement for the members at Riobel. Thanks to the excellent work of the negotiating committee, working conditions for the 90 Riobel workers will improve significantly," says Mario Maisonneuve, President of UFCW 1991P.
UFCW Canada Local 1991P represents over 6,600 members working in various sectors across the province of Quebec. To learn more about UFCW 1991P, visit their website.
How can I gain the benefits of a UFCW Canada contract?
Are you a non-unionized worker who would like to enjoy the benefits of a UFCW Canada collective agreement? Do you and your co-workers want to gain the union advantage at work? Join Canada’s best union, UFCW Canada, and make your workplace better today. Click here to join now.