Montreal – June 14, 2018 – UFCW Canada Local 501 members working at Unibéton locations in Quebec City, Beauport, Sainte-Marie, and Saint-Basile, Quebec have recently ratified a new collective agreement. The members work as cement truck drivers, mixer feeders, and quarry customer service agents and have been a part of UFCW 501 since 2002.
The new five-year deal contains wage increases totalling 13.25 percent throughout the contract duration. Here are some more highlights:
- 2 percent retroactive wage increases in addition to a lump sum of $0.50 per hour worked from February 18, 2018;
- Improved group insurance with employer contributing 50 percent;
- An 11 percent increase in the employer’s contribution to the pension plan;
- A 10 percent increase in safety bonuses and cement mixer cleaning bonuses in 2020;
- Added bonuses for closing gates;
- Good Friday as a paid holiday;
- Adjustment of paid meal periods;
- Improved vacation policy;
- Introduction of a clause for jury duty; and
- Elimination of a clause stating new hires earn $1 per hour less during probation periods.
“This agreement builds on the gains that members at Unibéton have been enjoying since 2002,” says Daniel Nadeau, UFCW 501 Director for Eastern Quebec. “In addition to increased security, members will also see improvements to wages and pensions,” he adds.